Designer: Penguin Random House
As the world’s most global book publisher, Penguin Random House has a proud and successful record publishing a wide range of authors from Australia and around the world.
It comprises nearly 250 editorially and creatively independent imprints and publishing houses that collectively publish more than 15,000 new titles annually.
Our creative & innovative adult publishing team is now looking to fill the position of Designer, full time in Melbourne.
Reporting to the Head of Creative, this role encompasses all aspects of book design including (but not limited to): covers, type-setting, photographic illustrated design and layout and pre-press. The successful candidate will be responsible for interpreting design briefs, preparing, checking and correcting artwork, and overseeing projects through editorial and production stages.
The main responsibilities of the role will also include:
- Providing innovative, fresh designs for covers and illustrated titles
- Sourcing images and artwork, and recommending design concepts
- Working collaboratively and providing support to other members of the deign team
- Liaising with internal and external customers including illustrators & photographers as required
Qualifications and/or Experience Required:
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Essential – demonstrated ability to interpret, design and complete briefs within a scheduled time and budget
- Essential – experience and knowledge of design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop & Acrobat)
- Outstanding creativity and design abilities
- Demonstrated time management skills and prioritisation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Previous experience in book design highly regarded
- Previous experience in photographic illustrated design and page layout
All applications must include a cover letter, resume and portfolio.
Please note, due to the high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants who meet all required criteria will be contacted.
For further information and to apply please click here.