Head of Design, HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is seeking a new Head of Design. Reporting to the Director of Publishing Operations, this role requires proven design skills as well as the desire to lead and guide a creative team towards continued visual excellence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Art direction of the design team, with a view to constantly improving quality
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the design team, ensuring all projects are completed to the highest standard, on time and under budget
- Working closely with publishers, editors, campaign managers and sales executives to bring together bold creative ideas with publishing strategy
- Hands-on design of premium projects
- Corporate design tasks as required, including conference presentations and pitch documents
To be effective in this role you will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Ability to mentor and manage other designers
- Ability to understand and interpret briefs to creatively execute strategy
- Strong understanding of the book market
- Strong graphic design portfolio
- Tertiary Design Qualification
- High level proficiency with Adobe CC software
- 10+ years as a graphic designer
- 3+ years as an art director
This is a full-time role based in Sydney. Applications close on Wednesday 20 April 2016.
For further information and to apply please click here.