Establishing Designer Membership
This Membership is exclusively for Establishing Book Designers / Creatives who in this stage are developing a professional practice and looking to showcase their work, access resources and industry knowledge.
Establishing Creatives are book designers, illustrators, photographers, typesetters or typographers whose professional trade is made up of less than 80% or more commercial work in the Book Publishing Industry.
- Open to Establishing Book Designers / Creatives whose trade is less than 80% or more commercial work in the Book Publishing Industry.
- Open to Australian residents or Australians living and working overseas
- Showcase your Portfolio on ABDA’s website featuring up to 4 images, biography, links and contact details
- Access to Members-only discounts on seminars, workshops, events, training and annual Book Design Awards
- Discounted entry prices to the for annual Book Design Awards submissions
- Members-only discounts from Partner Organisations
Annual individual Establishing Designer membership costs $70
The Australian Book Designers Association is a dynamic network for industry professionals. We also endeavour to support up-and-coming creatives and those still establishing themselves in the Australian publishing industry.
Designed to bridge the gap between Student and Professional Memberships, the Establishing Designer Membership nurtures those whose body of work is not yet 80% or more commercial* book creative work. This membership offers a taster portfolio to support creatives in their ambition to further their career in the Australian Book Publishing industry.
This membership supports members living and working in Australia, by showcasing and celebrating their work through online profile and access to Members-only discounts while they are establishing their business.
*Work is considered commercial when it is created from a brief for a paying client and it is commercially available (physically or electronically). Clients may be trade and education publishers, self publishers, government departments and private companies.