Online User Code of Conduct
By joining the ABDA online community (both on this website and on our social media channels), you agree to comply with the Online User Code of Conduct outlined below when posting material on the site.
The Online User Code of Conduct is intended to make this a constructive environment for all, so we’ve outlined what you should and shouldn’t do on this website.
By posting material to this website or our social media channels you agree to the following:
- Only submit posts, or contributions on my own behalf, and will not impersonate another person.
- Ask questions if I am unclear about anything and clarify my questions with the moderator / Manager via email@example.com.
- Make sure I have permission from appropriate contributors involved in my creative work (such as publishers or collaborators) to post anything on the website.
- Make sure I have permission or am appropriately crediting owners when posting any work that is not mine (including photos, images, videos and other creative materials).
- Only post what I know to be true and not include any misleading or deceptive material.
- Confirm that my name and contact details are correct and I am not misleading the ABDA community, including by using a fake or temporary email address.
- Use language that is not offensive, insulting or threatening.
- Only post material that is suitable for anyone to view, including young children (G-rated only).
- Only post material once and not send multiple copies or versions.
- Keep the private details of others private and will not post anyone else’s private email address or contact details, nor impersonate anyone else or falsely represent someone.
- Stay on topic – my contributions to the website will be relevant to the community.
- Agree that ABDA as an organsiation assume no responsibility and have no liability for inaccurate, offensive or inappropriate content on the site and have no obligation to modify or remove inaccurate, offensive or inappropriate content (although best endeavours will always be undertaken).
- Report any content on the site or social media channels that is offensive or inappropriate.
- Share my ideas and opinions, comment on others’ ideas and make the most of this opportunity to have my say in a respectful and factual way.
- Acknowledge that the ABDA online administrators have no obligation to monitor or resolve disputes between me and other users.
- Agree that my email address will be retained if I post on this website.
I will not:
- Use the website or social media channels to abuse, stalk, harass or threaten others.
- Incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics.
- Use the website or social media channels to conduct any illegal activity or encourage any illegal activity or depict nudity, or in any way any obscene, violent, harassing, sexually explicit or other objectionable subject matter.
- Use the website or social media channels for any purpose that could be defamatory, or abusive including any material that is indecent or libellous or in any way prevents others from enjoying the website.
- Contribute material to the website or social media channels that contains or links to any inappropraite material.
The website administrators:
- Retain the right to determine, at our discretion, which posts or contributions violate our Online User Code of Conduct.
- Reserve the right to remove violations. We expect all contributors to be respectful of each other and to comply with the Online Users Code of Conduct in spirit and in use of language.
- Will remove defamatory comments where they are identified. We will assess all reports of inappropriate comments and respond accordingly.