- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Officer to manage book production for Sydney University Press
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Full-time continuing, remuneration package, $101,898 to $109,850 p.a (which includes salary, leave loading and 17% superannuation)
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Production Officer who uses creative, conceptual and information design skills to create and typeset compelling designs in print and digital formats for each book accepted for publication by Sydney University Press. You will apply your expertise to produce marketing collateral across a variety of print and digital media.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Production Officer who demonstrates:
- High level skills and understanding of book production and design workflows, and production software and tools including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) and web design
- Demonstrated project management skills to manage production schedules for several concurrent complex publishing projects
- Technical understanding of electronic publishing standards such as XML, HTML, ePub etc and implementation in the production process
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients ensuring that clients’ needs are met while exercising tact and diplomacy
- Adaptability and willingness to adjust to changing priorities
- High level attention to detail in editorial processes
The Scholarly Publishing team is part of the Access Services division of the University Library. The primary responsibilities of the team are Sydney University Press (SUP) and its scholarly book publishing program, and journal publishing support for Sydney Open Journals. Since 2005, SUP has published over 200 new research titles in the fields of animal studies, archaeology, Australian literature, copyright, education, history, public health, public and social policy, urban planning, social work, healthy ageing and Indigenous issues. In July 2018 the SUP team won a Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence for Outstanding Contribution to the University Community. For further information visit https://sydneyuniversitypress.com.au/pages/about-sydney-university-press
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australias first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
The University of Sydney encourages part-time and flexible working arrangements, which will be considered for this role.
For further information and to apply please see the position description.